I found this one of the best chili recipes yet. I like the TX style of chili with modifications. I have to have beans. I just like beans in my chili. I followed the recipe quite closely with the following modifications:
1) Substitute corn meal (masa) for flour
2) Add 1 diced green pepper
3) Add 2 medium white onions (diced and sauteed in olive oil prior to adding to the pot)
4) Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
5) Add 1-6 oz can of tomato paste
6) Add 2 seeded jalapeno peppers (finely chopped)
7) (optional) Add 1/4+ tsp cayenne pepper to taste
I also had to use about 30 oz of beef stock. I bought 2 boxes of College Inn brand, which comes in 16 oz boxes.
But just to be clear, I tasted the chili prior to adding anything extra, and it was quite good just the way it is.
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
I found this one of the best chili recipes yet. I like the TX style of chili with...