Took these treasures to the in-laws' family reunion this past weekend, and they were a HUGE hit!! Tripled the recipe since it was such a large crowd to feed, and they were devoured!
Read all of the previous reviews and incorporated several of them into the recipe.
1. Definitely use much less mayo... just enough to moisten.
2. Green onion works quite nicely in texture, taste, and overall presentation.
3. Cut bacon, then cook.
4. Added a little garlic powder and Hot Shots.
5. Bought 16 oz can biscuits b/c that's what the recipe called for... used the flaky grands buttermilk biscuits, cut them in 1/4's, shaped them into balls, then rolled with a rolling pin to flatten... makes nice little cups this way.
5. Was having to travel a long way with these in the car, so I cooked them the night before, kept them in a cooler on ice, then reheated them in the microwave when we got to the party. They turned out fine after their long journey.
Will consider using cream cheese/milk mixture next time that previous reviewer suggested.
May also try different variations such as
canned chicken, pizza, quiche, philly cheese steak, ham, you name it!
Great thing about this delightful recipe is the possibilities are endless!!
Was this review helpful?
260 users found this review helpful
Took these treasures to the in-laws' family reunion this past weekend, and they were a HUGE...