Total failure. I substituted a small grapefruit for one of the oranges and increased the lemon juice a bit. This would have made for a slightly less sweet marmalade, if only it had jelled at all. It didn't. I ended up with dozens of jars of liquid "citrusized" sugar. I cut the water a bit based on several of the reviews I read; however, I kept the sugar ratio as called for in the recipe. I soaked, boiled, etc., then brought the whole thing to 220 degrees as directed. No jelling. I should have used pectin.
Maybe someone has a suggestion for what this syrup could be used for. It's definitely not marmalade.
4 users found this review helpful
Dec. 21, 2011