This recipe essentially inspired me to create my own twist/version, as it seems most reviewers do. To make a healthier version, I used the following substitutions:
1) 1/2 cup Japonica rice & 1/2 cup brown rice (cooking times vary...I cooked 30 min stovetop)
2) 1/4 cup butter & 1/4 cup olive oil
3) 4 oz. cheese food & 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
4) 10 oz. vegetable stock (vs. condensed soup)
5) 5 oz. rice milk
6) 1 cup crushed wheat crackers
While this version will produce a somewhat different flavor (less sodium & fat), it is very similar, and was still a "hit" by those who like broccoli casserole. Makes good leftovers.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
This recipe essentially inspired me to create my own twist/version, as it seems most reviewers...