Sunshine S'more Cupcakes
These cupcakes were delicious and pretty easy to make with a few modifications.
1) To simplify, I made the cake mix according to the package instructions.
2) I put 3 mini marshmallows at the bottom of the cupcake liner before adding the batter. During baking, the marshmallows melted into the batter, giving the french vanilla cake mix a delightful marshmallow flavor.
3) Based on the other reviews, I put a layer of graham cracker crumbs into the batter. Next time I bake these, I will layer more crumbs in the batter and put less on top--the thick top layer prevented any topping from sticking.
4) Halfway through baking I popped some mini marshmallows on top of each cupcake. This enabled them to sink into the cupcake a bit rather than falling off the graham cracker crumbs.
5) I drizzled some chocolate syrup on top--the kiss in the middle just isn't enough chocolate to give a true s'more flavor.
I recommend serving immediately. I made mine the night before an event, and while they were still delicious, they are better when the kiss in the middle is still melted.
4 users found this review helpful
Dec. 9, 2011