Some very important things to keep in mind when making this recipe, to make it as delicious as possible:)
1. Do NOT use regular rice. You must use risotta rice. It kind of defeats the purpose of the recipe if you don't. Risotta rice is denser and more pasta like than regular rice. It's delicious! You'll be happy you did.
2. Make sure the wine is almost fully absorded before moving on.
3. The broth portion of this recipe takes about 30-40 minutes. You should heat the broth on low in a separate pan and add 1/2 cup at a time and stir until is absorbed. This is what makes the rice so flavorful.
4. Use FRESH parm, not the jarred stuff, about a 1/2 cup to full cup. Yummers!
4. Upon completing this, the one thing I would do different is either grill or really brown my sausage before adding it in, I think this would make for a much nicer flavor.
I make risotta all the time, tonight I had this chicken sausage on my hands and didn't know what to do with it. Came across this recipe and was thrilled for the suggestion. Enjoy!
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
Some very important things to keep in mind when making this recipe, to make it as delicious as...