Yum! These were the best enchiladas I've ever made. I read through a lot of the reviews and incorporated several suggestions from other readers:
* I cooked the chicken breasts in chicken broth and added 1/2 packet of taco seasoning mix to the broth. Reserved the broth after removing the chicken.
* To the saute I added 1/2 large onion, chopped, and 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped.
* I put a few Tbl red enchilada sauce in the pan before adding the enchiladas.
* Added 1/2 can red enchilada sauce and 3/4 cup salsa after the cheese began to melt, and used the broth instead of the water to that part.
* Dipped the tortillas in the remaining broth before rolling - made them easier to handle and added flavor.
* Poured remaining 1/2 can red enchilada sauce on top of the heavy cream.
* Topped with sliced black olives.
There was enough for 11 fat enchiladas. (Probably could have stretched it to 12 easily.) They were wonderful!
Was this review helpful?
3 users found this review helpful
Yum! These were the best enchiladas I've ever made. I read through a lot of the reviews and...