Woke this morning my usual time 4:30am. Its my quiet time to meditate or read the bible, maybe just think.
I made my coffee put my eggs in the microwave and thats when it happened ALL HECK BROKE LOOSE! The microwave became possessed, the lights dimmed, the computer tuned itself off, the tv started turning on and off and the bathroom and hallway lights dimmed.
I know that because I tried turning them on. (I dont know why I just tried them to see what would happen.)
I unplugged everything with special attention to the possessed microwave!
After I gained a sense of calmness I called Public Service...Did I by any chance owe them money? No.
Was there a brown out going on? No. Switch the breakers on and off she said...Nothing! Call back in half an hour she said she needed to check this out.
Then it happened...everything turned back on! Public Service must have fixed it I thought.
So I decided to get dressed and go out for a minute to dump the trash. I walked into the bathroom with the intention of coming my hair, flipped on the switch and ALL HECK BROKE LOOSE! Thank goodness I thought I unplugged the possessed microwave! The tv
was turning on and off, the computer died and all the lights dimmed.
AH HA! I thought call the apartment emergency phone number...Did I call Public Service she said? I told her yes in fact I did. I dont owe them money and theres no brown out. She said shed send someone. (All this happening still at 6am) twenty minutes later
the guy came! I told him about the dim lights and especially the possessed microwave!
He turned the breakers on and off, then went downstairs and turned those breakers on and off and came back. nothing! He stood for a minute puzzled... Then AH HA! he exclaimed the ground wire! Sure enough the ground wire was fried to a crisp! I blamed the
possessed microwave! No he said just old age.
It took some courage on my part but I did plug that microwave in...It works! We are now best friends again.
Oh one more thing I unplugged my little Cricket phone to call my brother and tell him about my morning and alas no battery power another victim of the fried ground wire. That was my morning!