frankly, i am not a fan of blueberries. i still rate this one with 5 stars bcos this muffin base is wonderful, very moist and fluffy. i will try next time replacing blueberries with mocha-choco chips. i did add a struesel as recommended by the other reviewers, and the struesel is really a perfect match to the base and it's making the whole thing special. i can't stand the smell of cinnamon, but funny enough, i did add cinnamon and nutmeg to the base, and cinnamon to the streusel. okay, all my "guinea pigs" went thrilled! haha!! this recipe has made me like a muffin expert!!
okie, tweaks that i'd made:
1) i cut back oil to just 3/4 cup;
2) i added cinnamon 1 tsp and nutmeg 1/2 tsp;
3) i used 1 cup white 1 cup brown sugar;
4) i also added 1/2 tsp of baking powder;
5) i tossed the blueberries with a bit of flour before adding them into batter (but they still insisted to sink to the bottom : ( );
6) i added streusel: 3/4 cup brown sugar 3/4 cup all-purpose 1/2 cup butter 2 tsp cinnamon.
i am very happy with this one. it really worths a try, everybody!!
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
frankly, i am not a fan of blueberries. i still rate this one with 5 stars bcos this muffin...