I like the basics about this recipe: ingredients, directions, cooking time. I did modify the recipe a tad. My modifications made a truly delicious recipe, in my opinion. Here's what I have to say.
1. There is enough sauce to make two, 9X13 trays of lasagna. Double your noodles, cheeses and eggs. Go easy on the sauce when you're assembling to make sure you have just enough for two.
2. Do NOT add a tablespoon of salt to this recipe. Cheese has tons of sodium and there should be enough in the tomato sauces alone. I added one teaspoon of salt to my sauce last night, and awoke this morning parched after eating the lasagna for dinner.
3. DRAIN THE FAT OFF THE MEAT. .
4. Replace the water with red wine. This gives is a nice kick.
5. I nearly doubled all the spices. Seriously. I tasted the sauce mid-cooking, and it tasted too "tomatoey"...
6. I added oregano flakes (a good tablespoon or so).
Basically, a great started recipe with a few modifications.
Was this review helpful?
7 users found this review helpful
I like the basics about this recipe: ingredients, directions, cooking time. I did modify the...