STRAWBERRY CREPES ...and friends.
Jun. 26, 2010 7:19 am
Updated: Jul. 15, 2010 12:26 pm
This past week has been a blessing of friends. First, I held a 4 day pj party at my house. Seven of my Canadian college friends...some we hadn't seen in over 25 years...came by plane, car, boat..well, ok, no boats...Ohio doesn't have much water!....anyhow,
came to my house for 4 days of non stop talking, laughing, crying, praying, swimming, shopping and eating! What a great time we had. All of us immediately transported back to when we were young and forged life long friendships. My house looked like the
dorm...mattresses, couches, blow up beds, beds everywhere and we stayed up way too late for old bones!..but so worth it. How blessed I am.
I froze alot of the meals so I could enjoy time with my girls ..that worked out well. One of the meals we didn't get to was my Strawberry Crepes...so yesterday I invited my Yoga buddies over and we enjoyed them on the patio beside the pool. It was a perfect
day to swim and visit with more wonderful women. ......what the heck to men do for fun???
These crepes work out well everytime..you don't have to make them in a crepe pan..just use your non stick 10 or 12 inch pan.
cut up strawberries, blueberries, bananas
granola or Go Lean Crunch cereal
3 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 TBSP melted butter
1 cup flour
1 TBSP sugar
1/4 tsp salt
- Whip this all together with your whisk or beaters until smooth.
- Heat your non stick pan to just below high....brush it with some butter
- work as quickly as possible
- add just enough batter to almost cover the pan
- pick up the pan and tilt it like you are hitting 3 oclock, 6 oclock 9 oclock and 12 oclock
- at this point the bottom of the pan should have a thin coat of batter...quickly pour off any excess batter back into the bowl
- you will notice the crepe steaming, that's ok
- return the pan to the heat and watch for the edges starting to pull away from the side or to get slightly brown
- when this happens, gently loosen an edge with a spatula and either slide the spatula gently under the crepe or use 2 hands to lift and flip the crepe (fingers only pls!)..watch it , it's hot. the crepe will be nicely browned on one side
- the other side only takes a few seconds..it will look spotty
- transfer the crepe to a plate and begin the next one.
- I jut pile them up...keep them flat and wrap them in plastic then foil and freeze....or use them right away.
cut up strawberries, blueberries and bananas.(this is my favorite combo)
put a couple of dollops of LF strawberry yogurt into the middle of the crepe
top with the berries
roll one side of the crepe up over the fruit and then lift the second side up over top
top with another few dollops of yogurt, then some fruit
top all with a good sprinkle of granola...or I use Go Lean Crunch.
*you can use any fruit combo....make your own flavored yogurt by adding some strawberry preserves to LF plain yogurt...I also add a little vanilla and a little Agave nectar to sweeten.
*if making these for dessert...you can use jello instant french vanilla pudding in place of the yogurt
and a little chocolate sauce instead of the granola.
* crepes are also wonderful filled with any chicken pot pie type of recipe...assemble them and put them into the oven before serving.