I hate onions! I mean it, I hate them in every form. I began cooking as a teenager just so that I could leave them out of things like tomato sauces and soups. I soon learned that by making things myself I could experiment and discover new preparations and new foods that I didn't know I liked. Over the years, I've discovered the virtues of foods I never saw in my childhood, like asparagus, zucchini, eggplant ... the list goes on and on ....
My favorite things to cook
* Italian food - pasta pasta pasta!
* Mexican food - so versatile.
* Breakfast - eggs, pancakes, french toast, frittatas, etc.
* Slow Cooker - When I got one, I vowed to keep it on the countertop and use it often ... not to use it once a year as a chaffing dish.
* Vegetarian - While I do eat meat, I do not love it and eat it every day. I enjoy creating new and satisfying vegetarian meals.
My favorite family cooking traditions
I give my Aunt Sue full credit for my love of baking!