I just graduated from college! I am now living at home and don't cook as much as I did when I was on my own. I still enjoy every aspect of it though. I'm currently taking cake decorating courses at Michaels, and starting my job as a tutor. :) I enjoy traveling to different places and tasting their specialties. I am a foodie :).
For a look at my altered recipes you can check out my blog, some of the pics are on AR, but there are modifications to the recipes to better suit my taste. Plus you get to see the real pictures, not just a square! : )
My favorite things to cook
Anything that has to do with the oven, and new things to try in my bread machine! I also love making cookies and cupcakes, and enjoy decorating them as well.
My favorite family cooking traditions
My cooking triumphs
Fondant cakes, cream puffs that don't fall, various yeast breads, making things that are too cute to eat, bringing things home and having my mom ask where I bought it : )
My cooking tragedies
Too many, but here are a few recent ones : )
- Too much food coloring in fondant = wet marshmallow fondant
- Dead yeast = no bread
- Not spraying my "non-stick" pans while baking bread = fragmented bread
- Using all purpose flour instead of bread flour
- Using cold beer for pizza dough
- Pizza Stone that wasn't hot enough
- Replacing oil with applesauce... = gummy desserts