Mexican Chicken I
this was very, very good WITH my modifications:
- i used boneless, skinless chicken thighs to ensure the meat was moist and tender. i braised them in EVOO with cumin, cayenne, black pepper, garlic and saizon - which adds a wonderful color to braised meats.
- i also added a can of corn to the black beans to add more color to the final meal.
- once the meat was braised, i added red wine to scrape the drippings.
- i also added a can of dice tomatoes to the beans and corn and seasoned them to taste in a saucepan. they key is to keep tasting this and add whatever feels and tastes good@
- placed the skillet in the oven until juices ran clear then added shredded mozz on top of chicken, then layered corn, beans and tomatoes.
long, short, i revised this dish a great deal. i eat with my eyes and nose, followed by my mouth.
1 user found this review helpful
Aug. 26, 2012