"Why doesn't anyone make my recipe?!"
May 10, 2011 8:16 am
Updated: Jun. 14, 2011 10:24 am
Edit: The deadline for signing up has passed and the recipes have all been distributed, so I cannot take any more participants at this time. If all goes well though, another round at a later date is certainly not out of the question!
I think many of us have seen this question asked on the Buzz, right? (Though not as often as "how long does it take to become kitchen approved?"!) It's nice that we can add and share personal recipes, but let's face it, not nearly as many people find and make
personal recipes compared to the number of people who find and make kitchen approved ones, and I think it's safe to say everyone likes a little feedback. Of course sometimes personal recipes do become quite popular when they recommended on the Buzz, but I'm
sure many of us have quite a few lonely, unmade, unreviewed personal recipes sitting in our recipe boxes.
With this in mind, friends, I propose a new 'game' and am even willing to moderate it! What say you that we all agree to make and review someone else's personal recipe? The catch - you won't get to choose which one!
1. Everyone who wishes to participate can choose one of their personal recipes and let me know which one; everyone who wants their recipe made must also agree to make someone else's recipe.
2. I will randomly (or, nearly randomly - see the 'fine print') assign a personal recipe to all participants to make.
3. After giving everyone a certain amount of time to make their assigned recipe (maybe two weeks?), I'll post another blog with the results!
The Fine Print/Instructions:
1. If you want to participate, please let it be known here in the comments, and also send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a link to your personal recipe that you want someone else to make.
2. In your e-mail, please also state if there's anything you are NOT willing to cook (e.g. no red meat, no desserts, etc) so that when I assign recipes I can give you one that you are able to cook/eat.
3. In choosing your own recipe that will be assigned to someone else, please pick one that has NO reviews so far. Please also choose one that you think would appeal to most peoples' tastes (e.g. not too 'out there'), that doesn't have a huge list of ingredients
that the person will have to buy especially for this recipe, etc.
4. When making the other person's recipe, try to stick to the recipe as written as much as possible - reducing the amount of salt or using low fat mayo is one thing, totally changing up all the ingredients is another!
5. Please be sure to review the recipe (and photograph, if you wish!)
*Addendum: After being asked by someone who wants to participate, I think Kitchen-Approved recipes (as long as they're your own) are okay too, as long as they have no or only a few reviews. So let's say then, that you can choose any recipe of yours that
has, say, 10 or fewer reviews for someone else in this challenge to make. If anyone who has already e-mailed me with their recipe choice and now wishes to change it, that's fine, just send me another e-mail!
So if this sounds like a fun activity you'd like to be a part of, please join in! I'll respond to all e-mails I get to confirm you as a participant, and I'll make a list of participants here on this blog entry too. If I don't e-mail you back right away, don't
worry - I can't access my gmail e-mail here at work, so you'll hear from me after 4 p.m. Eastern time when I get home!
Let the game begin..!
Live, Laugh, Love, Cook (just making a recipe, not submitting one to be made)
I [heart] all recipes
Love to cook
The deadline to sign up has passed and all participants have been assigned a recipe so I cannot take more participants at this time. Stay tuned for possibly another round in the future!