Gobble Gobble - Turkey (meat) ballz!
Feb. 20, 2011 4:55 pm
Updated: Feb. 21, 2011 4:20 pm
I've been away from the blog the last while but that doesn't mean I haven't been cooking. Here's my recipe for Turkey (Meat) Ballz. Sure, sure you can eat them with pasta, but I made my baked garlic parm fries instead. Delicious!
Turkey Ballz in Marinara Sauce
- 1 pound/pkg ground turkey
- 1/3 fine whole wheat bread crumbs (not cubes)
- 2-4 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped, minced or grated. (Grated is the way to go!)
- Salt & Pepper, about 1 teaspoon each or to taste
- 1/2 cup Parm cheese (grated fresh or pulverised like Kraft in the green container)
- 1/4 cup Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive or canola oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, if you like a little heat)
Mix all ingredients together. Form ballz about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Heat oil to medium-high in a large fry pan and place in your ballz. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or so, turning at least once to brown both (all) sides. I find the ground turkey burns easily so watch closely. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Then! If you want them in marinara sauce, make your fave or use store-bought. Pour it around and over the balls in the pan. Heat on medium for about 15-30 minutes. Eat!!!!!
Instead of pasta, I at them with the parm fries. Here's the recipe:
Baked Garlic Parm Fries
- 2 russet potatoes (2 potatoes for 1-3 people, you be the judge!)
- Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (more if you like-a the garlic)
- 1/4 cup parm cheese (the pulverised Kraft kind)
- Salt & Pepper
Slice or wedge the potatoes and place in a bowl.
Drizzle with 1-3 tablespoon olive oil.
Add oregano and mix everything together until potatoes are well coated.
Spread them on a cookie sheet and bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Keep an eye, so they don't burn. You may need to bake longer depending on oven, but DO NOT OVERBAKE because they go back in the oven one more time.
After they've baked the first time, toss them in the mixture of garlic, cheese, salt & pepper.
Put them back on the cookie sheet and back in the oven at 400F for 2-10 minutes. This depends on your oven and how crispy you like yo' fries!
Lauren's Turkey Ballz & Baked Garlic Parm Fries
Baked Garlic Parm Fries
Lauren's Turkey Ballz & Marinara Sauce