I'm a single mom who loves to cook & feed people. I love to bake & take in treats for those I work for & with and I love treating my neighbors to my tasty treats.
My favorite things to cook
Sweet & Sour Casserole, Tiramisu Cake, Cake Balls, Pumpkin Rolls, La Buche de Noel (yule log), Stir-fry's, Paneer & all Indian food, LOTS of veggies, rice & pasta!!
My favorite family cooking traditions
1) La Buche de Noel that I have been baking for my family since 1991.
2) Peanut Butter Balls
3) Peppermint patties
4) Chocolate covered cherries
5) Rum balls
6) Fried tofu
7) Sweet & Sour Chicken
8) Veggie & Tofu Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
My cooking triumphs
1) Excelling at my first Thanksgiving dinner & cooking all alone. Everything was perfect (with help from allrecipes.com) and everyone left my house full, happy, and with armloads of leftovers!
2) Creating my son's 3-D dragon birthday cake this year.
My cooking tragedies
I burn myself on a regular basis. On Thanksgiving, the only thing that burned was my hand when I hit the 400degree oven heating element! OUCH!!!