What's better than a burger? A Chipotle-Salsa Burger!
Feb. 12, 2010 5:46 am
I was starting my weight loss journey, I was worried about having to
give up the food I love. I have to admit that high on that list was a
juicy burger (thus the need for the weight loss). One of the things I
loved about a great burger was the juiciness of it. Juicy and lean, I
thought, didn't go together. But, after learning more about food and
cooking and playing with more than a few recipes, this became one of my
zesty, and juicy, the burger, onion and 2 tablespoons of salsa (not
including bun and cheese) is only 157 calories, with 5 grams of fat and
1 of fiber. I serve it on an Arnold's Round with a slice of reduced fat
cheddar. Baked fries and an empty-the-veggie-drawer chop salad rounded
it all out.
another note, Valentine's day is coming quick. Some tips for staying
healthy over a holiday usually loaded with fat and sugar:
of a big box of chocolate and flowers, ask for or give a fresh fruit
bouquet or basket and a couple pieces of fine chocolates.
- Get dark instead of milk chocolates, they're better for you and are said to be an aphrodisiac.
- Plan ahead for dinner out. Check the restaurant menu online and find something you won't feel guilty about the next day.
- If you decide to go with a rich dish, ask for a to-go box when you order and put half of it away.
- Get some activity in before you go out.
- Have a snack before you go out so that if you get stuck waiting for a table, you're not ravenous by the time the food arrives.
Get the recipe at Fight the Fat Foodie.
Deal of the day: You can't get much further down the spectrum from a burger than Julia Childs' Mastering the Art of French Cooking,
but Amazon has the hardback reduced to below the paperback price! If
you loved Julie and Julia as much as I did and wanted to get the
cookbook that started it all, now's your chance.