Well, it was easy and so tasty, I never missed the meat or the noodles! OK, so I used canned sauce...but otherwise it is healthy and guilt-free. (Depending on how you feel about cheese.) Hey, no wheat, no meat, no oil, and it's not chocolate, right?
Since it is taking so long for my recipes to be "approved" and posted (over a year), here it is:
eggplant (2 large or 3 small)
1 pkg sliced mozzarella cheese
1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (I used RAGU mushroom)
1 bunch green onions
3/4 can of pitted ripe olives, slice
3 green peppers
grated parmesan cheese
+optional ... mushrooms (I didn't have any but it tasted fine without)
1. Wash and slice the eggplant crosswise, into circles about 1/4 in. thick. No need to cut off skin.
2. Slice the olives (Skip this if you plan ahead and buy a can of sliced!)
3. Clean and slice the onions.
4. Clean, core, seed, and slice the green peppers.
In a rectangular, deep lasagna pan (I used glass):
1. Spoon and spread about 1/4 the pizza sauce.
2. Add a layer of eggplant.
3. Add 1/3 of the green pepper.
4. Sprinkle the olives, onions, and/or the mushrooms over all.
5. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
6. Repeat # 1-5 two more times, finishing with cheese on top.
7. Sprinkle top with grated parmesan cheese.
Place, uncovered, in 375 degree oven for 40 minutes. (If you use a dark metallic pan, it may cook quicker, so watch it.)