Feature of the Week: Recipe Folders
Sep. 26, 2012 12:59 pm
Updated: Oct. 13, 2012 5:04 pm
Categorizing your recipes is a great way to stay organized and easily find the recipes you’re looking for. Do you know how to add the recipes in your Recipe Box to folders? It’s pretty easy! You even have the ability to create your own custom folders.
Need a place to store breakfast recipes? Add a breakfast folder. As the holidays approach, create a folder for each holiday. A Thanksgiving folder would be a great place to store those pumpkin cheesecake recipes you’ve been meaning to try. Here’s how
you add a folder:
From within your Recipe Box, click on the "Options" menu at the top of the page, and then on "Add Folders.”
1. Enter the name you want to call your custom folder in the field provided.
2. Select the folder location from the drop down list just below.
3. Click the “Add Folder” button.
You should see the new folder in your folder list to the left of your recipes.
Now you are ready to categorize your recipes:
1. Access your Recipe Box by hovering over the My Allrecipes menu and clicking on Recipe Box.
2. Place your cursor (hover) over the title of the recipe you want to move into a folder.
3. An Options link should appear. Click on 'Options' to open the drop down menu options.
4. Click "Add to Folder,” select which folder you would like to add the recipe to, and click “Add to Folder.”
You can also save recipes directly to folders from a recipe page. Instructions for how to do this will vary depending on whether you’re using the current or new Recipe Page format. Keep in mind you’ll need to be logged in to your Allrecipes account to save
In the current format:
1. Log in with your email address and password.
2. Open the recipe you want to save.
3. To the right of the recipe, click on the '+' sign next to “Add to Recipe Box” and then select the folder you want to save it to from the drop-down list. Click the "Add" button.
The recipe is saved to the selected folder of your Recipe Box, but still appears in the overall Recipe Box List. Note that you can also click “Uncategorized” in My Allrecipes Tools to view the recipes that are not in folders.
In the new format:
1. Click on the orange arrow button next to the “Save” button.
2. Once the Save Options are expanded, click + next to Recipe Box.
3. Select the folder to which you’d like to save your recipe.
4. Click “Add.”
It’s easy! As always, if you have questions about this or any Allrecipes.com feature, send an email to
email@example.com. Do you have any creative uses for Recipe Folders? We’d love to hear about it in the comments.