Top Ten Reasons To Attend
The PNW Round Up
July 18th, 19th & 20th - 2014
There are many, many, many reasons to attend any Round Up!
This Blog will list the
Top 10 Reasons to attend the PNW Round Up
in Albany, Oregon at the home of
Orange & Candice in just 12 days.
So, let's begin with the number 10 reason!
10. You'll have the opportunity to see firsthand the absolute beauty of the Pacific Northwest and the breathtaking, jaw dropping scenery everywhere you look. Come! See for yourself! We're going to the Oregon Coast, the hillside country Willamette Valley Vineyards
and take a leisurely drive through the valley's farm country to visit FARMSTANDS!
9. You can visit the scenic & historic downtown area of shops located in historic buildings erected in the 1800's.
8. Or, Drive by historic built homes. Like the home of Jerry Andrus, world famous Illusionist known as the "Magician's Magician," the family home of Mike Barrett, TV announcer for the NBA from 1968 - present and finally, the FIRST home built in Albany by Walter
Monteith in 1848.
7. See the ONLY Gothic building ever constructed in Albany. It's an Albany Icon and has been nicknamed The White Spires Church because of its 5 white spires. It's located in downtown and boasts a 100 year old Pipe Organ, the largest in the state that is still
functional. It is played every Sunday during church services. I couldn't get in to photograph it, but Google it and hit images. It's Stunning!
6. Stroll onto the pedestrian piers overlooking the Willamette River where Albany's past began as a shipping town hauling logs and goods from Portland to Eugene and every town in between.
5. While on the pier, be sure to look at the over 75 year old Osprey nest where Ospreys have been raising their young for 3/4 of a century.
4. Walk along the Willamette River on the scenic riverside walking trails built entirely of reclaimed wood.
3. Treat yourself to a visit at the "Talking Waters Garden." The only garden of its kind in the United States; a constructed treatment wetland designed to return treated water safely back to the Willamette River. It's simply beautiful! A wonderful place to
exercise and enjoy the flora, fauna and wildlife while you're at it.
2. Visit the ONLY Hobby Lobby in the state of Oregon. Just opened in June of this year at the Heritage Shopping Mall, it is quite the attraction for this little town of 50,000! A trip through the mall is a must as well. While we don't have a Macy's or Nordstom,
the shopping is adequate and indigenous.
And, The Number ONE Reason To
Attend the PNW Round UP is:
1. The WONDERFUL AR PEEPS you'll get to meet, the ones you know and will get to reunite with and the food we will share at the same table.
We are so excited and cannot wait to see each and every one of your beautiful faces as you walk through our door. We're working hard and are ALMOST ready for you! With the biggest of HUGS and all our love, Orange & Candice
To View This Blog w/photos go to: