I will make this again. I was worried that it would be mushy...but the texture of the dish was great and even my picky non-broccoli eating teen liked it. The water chestnuts added a nice crunch. The reason I gave it a 3 is because I'm not sure I would have liked it if I had not modified it. Modifications below:
- reduced butter to 1 tablespoon and added water to browning pan as needed
- used 2 cans cream of chicken instead of the 1 can cream of celery that was called for
- used 1 cup of brown rice cooked in chicken broth...netted out with more than 2 cups of rice I'm sure
- doubled the cheddar cheese
- added 1/2 cup of chuncked velvetta cheese (this left small pockets of creamy cheese to be discovered - yum)
- used fresh mushrooms
- added 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- added 1 chopped green pepper
- topped with crushed corn flakes 10 mins before baking was complete.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
I will make this again. I was worried that it would be mushy...but the texture of the dish...