I thought this was very tasty and my toddler gobbled it up! Here are the tweaks I made or would make in the future:
- cut the butter in half, it felt like it was way too much butter
- I don't have an ovenproof pan at that temp, so I used a pie pan, which worked out perfectly. In the future I'd saute the apples in the butter/sugar for 10 min or so before baking because even extending the baking time they were a bit crunchy
- I don't know if it is because I live in high altitude but once I reduced the temperature, I wound up needing to bake an extra 10-15 minutes
- I used two medium sized Gala apples, and in the future I would probably use three
- I cut the nutmeg/cinnamon ratio. I doubled the sugar to go with more apples along with the cinnamon but only kept a bit of nutmeg - that is just personal preference.
All-in-all this was fantastic!
Was this review helpful?
4 users found this review helpful
I thought this was very tasty and my toddler gobbled it up! Here are the tweaks I made or...