Loved this recipe as a base and made it for my girlfriend's brunch club yesterday with these changes - and it was delish!
1. Triple the ingredients to make enough for 6-7 people in a 9 x 13 dish
2. Use challah bread - makes it so much better and don't count the number of slices you use - just use enough slices to cover the entire dish
3. When you mix the honey and lemon juice mixture that is spread on the bottom, I would microwave the mixture so that the honey is melted, as it is much easier to then spread it in the pan
4. When you mix the egg mixture together with the honey, add a stick of melted butter (butter makes everything so much tastier) and instead of dipping the bread in the mixture, just pour the entire mixture over the bread and pears - and let it sit for an hour to properly infuse the bread and make it super moist. And sprinkle some addtal cinnamon over the bread slices so evenly coated.
5. Bake it at 350 for 55- 60 mins - not 20 minutes as they said.
6. Roast/broil the almonds separately and sprinkle over each serving - really makes a difference in terms of finishing touch for taste
Was this review helpful?
55 users found this review helpful
Loved this recipe as a base and made it for my girlfriend's brunch club yesterday with these...