Awesome! - I modified it slightly to make it spicier. I offered to bring baked beans to a party with a soul food menu. I had never made my own before. These are REALLY GOOD! Also an impressive take along dish for large groups that is economical.
1. I only used 2 types of Beans - 1/2 Bush's Original baked and 1/2 navy beans. (My corner supermarket had the giant cans for ~ $5.00)
2. I used Open Pit Original BBQ sauce instead of Ketchup.
3. I added chopped Jalapenos - out of the jar the 1st time and fresh jalapenos the second time - both worked well
4. I browned the onions and garlic instead of cooking just until the onion was tender
5. I baked with a lower heat for a longer time; not sure if that really made a difference.
Thx Pat and Kelly!
Was this review helpful?
7 users found this review helpful
Awesome! - I modified it slightly to make it spicier. I offered to bring baked beans to a...