Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast
I made this last night, and it was a HIT! After reading a handful of reviews, these are the changes I made...
1) I browned the chuck roast on a cast iron skillet. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder; then covered the roast in flour to help thicken the broth.
2) Instead of 1 1/4 cups of water I did 1 cup of beef broth and 1/4 cup of red wine.
3) I cut slits in the meat and put garlic in the slits.
4) In the gravy mix, I added 1/4 cup-ish of chopped yellow onion.
5) I added 2 TSP of corn starch.
6) When the roast had 3 hours remaining, I added more onions and baby carrots.
This recipe will be added to my recipe box. It was great served over rice, and/or mashed potatoes.
6 users found this review helpful
Oct. 6, 2013