Great basic recipe. We found it delicious, and my husband - a reserved eater - had 2 servings! I made just a few changes:
1) I added chopped onion to the cooked ground beef.
2) I bought taco flavored rice, stirred in just enough water to dampen it, and just let it soak. I did not cook it before adding it to the beef.
3) For the topping, I added half a small can of enchilada sauce to the soup and salsa. It gives a sweetness to it.
4) I used taco cheese.
5) Smaller shells work much better and are easier to serve and eat, so I used 6 inch shells and spread the extra meat around them, topped with sauce and cheese.
6) For serving, we topped with sour cream, diced tomatoes and green onions.
*TIP: To keep your shells rolled up, spread some refried beans as 'glue' when rolling the final edge. They will stay closed every time!
Was this review helpful?
16 users found this review helpful
Great basic recipe. We found it delicious, and my husband - a reserved eater - had 2...