Good recipe but it I strongly recommend you replace the olive oil with almond oil or a neutral tasting oil such as canola or vegetable.
1. No olive oil because it interferes with the almond taste which I suspect is the reason reviewers felt it needed honey.
2. Lightly toast the almonds and let them cool before you make the butter.
3. Save tons of money on almonds @ Sam's or Costco (3 pound bags) and store them in the freezer.
4. Plan on processing this in 2 (or more) steps with a cool down period in between where you shut off the engine so that you don't burn out your food processor. My Cuisinart is a work horse, but I still had to do that.
5. I will freeze my very big batch of this in 1 pint canning jars.
Was this review helpful?
31 users found this review helpful
Good recipe but it I strongly recommend you replace the olive oil with almond oil or a neutral...