Perfect stew anytime of the year, however, really hit the spot on a cold, winter day like today! This stew melts in your mouth. I made a few revisions:
1. Used 4 shoulder bone-in lamb chops
2. Used 1 can stewed tomatoes (with liquid) instead of 2 large tomatoes.
3. added cumin, paprika, and cinnamon (about 1 tsp+ each)
4. Added 2 large chopped carrots
5. Threw in a Turkish bay leaf
Because I used lamp shoulder chops instead of a roast, I let the stew simmer for about 1 hour, then just let it sit on the stovetop. It's amazing how the eggplant just shrinks as it cooks. Chop the eggplant into somewhat large pieces.
These are the types of meals we traditionally cook (my family is from Turkey). This meal was ridiculously easy and is so healthy. We serve this over basmati or jasmine rice. Or, we eat with fresh baked Panera bread (warmed in oven) with butter. It's great to dip the bread in the juices of the stew.
Was this review helpful?
4 users found this review helpful
Perfect stew anytime of the year, however, really hit the spot on a cold, winter day like...