Chicken Pot Pie IX
Okay, so I'm one of those that read all the suggesions and after making some adjustments I L-O-V-E-D this recipe and have passed it on to several people. Here are the changes I made based on others:
1. When boiling the veg & chicken use 1 can of chicken broth, and the rest water and added some garlic powder, salt, & pepper. (Since this recipes took so much time to make, I doubled the veg/chicken so that I have the beginnings of my next pot pie!)
2. I doubled the "hot liquid" as well (milk/ckn broth/onions/butter), I only used the regular amount of celery seed.
3. I suggest basting the bottom crust w/ egg whites, then cooking the bottom crust for 6 min before adding the chicken/veg mixture.
4. Brush egg whites on top crust before baking. I couldn't fit all of the doubled "hot liquid/gravy" mix so I left it in the pan, I did squeeze in all that I could so that it didn't turn out dry. When eaten right away you don't really need the extra "gravy", but when Chris ate about an hour and half after it was done he enjoyed adding the extra gravy. I only baked for 20 minutes.
5. I found that it took longer start to finish, but maybe thats cause my 4 yr old daughter was helping me cook....
5 users found this review helpful
Mar. 26, 2008