The people at the party who like bland food liked these. We dipped them in onion blossom dip. Those who prefer more developed tastes had the bacon wrapped water chestnuts I baked besides these. Still, I have made them now several times because people like them a lot!
1) Do not pre-bake the tots. All I did is wrap them with the bacon and put in the fridge. When I could stick a toothpick through them, I was did so.
2) Make sure to turn them over 1/2 way through cooking.
3) Make sure the bacon is wrapped all the way around the tot (not center cut bacon, unless you use the whole piece) or the tot may fall apart.
4) I do not add the cheese...seems too messy for me!
5) Experiment with different flavors of bacon - they are all fun!
6) I line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
7) I bake these at a higher temp (400 - 450, depending on how hot your oven gets) so the bacon crisps.
8) Make sure to leave adequate space when baking any bacon wrapped appetizer. If you put them too close together, they will steam, and the bacon will not get crispy!
Was this review helpful?
56 users found this review helpful
The people at the party who like bland food liked these. We dipped them in onion blossom dip....