This is a very easy recipe for a special breakfast like Christmas Morning or Mother’s Day. The key to this recipe is timing everything so it comes together at the same time. I prepare the buttered muffins with ham and spinach and place in a low oven to keep warm until poached eggs are ready (no longer than 5 minutes).
(Makes 4 servings.)
8 eggs (poached)
4 English Muffins (toasted and lightly buttered)
8 pieces of cooked ham (same size as a muffin)
1 package chopped frozen spinach
2 ripe tomatoes
1 package KNORR® Brand Hollandaise Sauce Mix
1 cup milk
¼ cup salted sunflower seeds
¼ cup butter
½ teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1) Defrost spinach and place on paper towels to drain. Heat in small bowl in microwave before serving.
2) Poach eggs.
3) Prepare hollandaise sauce mix according to directions. Add dry mustard to sauce and stir well.
4) Toast English muffins, butter and place on tray in low oven to keep warm.
5) Brown ham in 1 tablespoon butter.
6) Slice tomatoes ¼” thick.
7) Place two muffins on serving plate. Add ham, 2 tablespoon of spinach, tomato, poached egg and hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and a pinch of dried parsley.