Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
Very simple recipe for a quick beef stew that leaves open a lot of room for customization.
I followed the recipe almost exactly, but for the following changes:
- Replaced water with a can of beef stock
- substituted equivalent amount of baby carrots to replace "grown up" carrots.
- Added about 4 stalks of celerey (2" pieces) with the carrots
- Added some fresh ground pepper (a couple turns of the grinder, maybe 1/4 tsp), and a couple shakes of crushed bay leaves (about two whole leaves)
- Didn't cook the potatoes seperately (why dirty another dish??) Cooked with lid on for 10 minutes. Cooled the pot and released the pressure, then added 4 peeled potatoes, halved, along with a 10 oz package of frozen peas, stirred and coated everything.
- Replaced lid, cooked for another 10 minutes. Cooled pot and released pressure.
- Served over egg noodles.
So in essense, added more vegetables, a tiny bit of spice, and cooked the potatoes right in the pot. Simple!
7 users found this review helpful
Oct. 25, 2012