Very yummy and I will be making this again and again! I always scour the ratings before trying a recipe. I always end up finding some very useful tips that perfect the outcome of a recipe. The following advice from other reviews were very helpful:
1. Use 1 potato, omit the potato all together, or add sweet potato instead.
2. For easy dicing, roast the butternut squash in a 400 degree oven for one hour, turning it every 15 minutes.
2. For a more flavorful soup, Add 1-2 cloves of fresh minced garlic, a 1/2 tsp of curry, a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg.
3. Add another 1/2 cup of broth for a thinner consistency after you puree it (but, you be the judge of that).
4. Pureeing it gives it a texture similar to baby food, so you may want to leave some chunks in the soup.
Lastly, If you love squash, you HAVE to try this soup. My husband was looking for the leftovers the next day and called me a "dirty dog" for sending them home with my son. I regret doing that as well!
Was this review helpful?
245 users found this review helpful
Very yummy and I will be making this again and again! I always scour the ratings before trying...