This is good any time when the weather is cold. Long cooking time makes the meat fork tender! however...
1. Recipe needs salt
2. I used a bit more meat.
3. Like some other posters, my instinct was to brown the meat in some fat, but I didn't, maybe next time.
4. I used a very big, heavy skillet with a tight-fitting lid
5. I used regular tomatoes, not stewed
6. I did not thaw the peas and recommend that you don't
7. most importantly, instead of boullion cubes, I used 2 teaspoons of "Better Than Boullion" paste and two cups of vegetable stock. The extra liquid was very helpful, and in fact I don't think it would have worked for me otherwise.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
This is good any time when the weather is cold. Long cooking time makes the meat fork tender!...