There were a lot of complaints on this recipe(on the other listing as it appears twice). This recipe works great with a few modifications.
1. You can use any type of dried fruit to equal 6 cups total that you like, ie light/dark raisins, chopped dried apricots, dried cherries, cranberries, currants etc
2. Add 1 extra cup butter. Use a mix of sugars ie white, brown and splenda to equal 2 cups.
3. Add some cinnamon/nutmeg to enhance flavor
4. Finally and this is the key set the timer in 1 hour increments so it does not over bake as baking time of 3 hours will probably overbake and dry it out.
5. For those who like this you can add a couple of tablespoons rum every few days til Christmas and this also makes it moist and tasty.
Was this review helpful?
8 users found this review helpful
There were a lot of complaints on this recipe(on the other listing as it appears twice). This...