ArtTeacher_LAUSD Profile - Allrecipes.com (11425361)

cook's profile

ArtTeacher_LAUSD


ArtTeacher_LAUSD
 
Home Town:
Living In: Los Angeles, California, USA
Member Since: Jun. 2010
Cooking Level: Beginning
Cooking Interests: Mexican, Italian
Hobbies: Photography, Reading Books, Painting/Drawing
Recipe Box 1 recipe
  •    
  • Title
  • Type
  • Overall Rating
  • Member Rating
Alex Bodnar
About this Cook
Craving more information about this cook?
Make sure visitors to your profile aren't going away hungry.
Share a little about yourself now!
Recipe Reviews 1 review
Killer Shrimp Soup
I'm giving 2 stars mainly because it's a distance away from the original flavor. It's not a 1 star because NewMexicoMama provides a good foundation! Dierdre58's modifications DO come MUCH closer (although it sucks that s/he won't divulge the "secret ingredient involved") LOL jk I just got through making it about 30-min ago (with Dierdre58's modifications). After reading the other 5-pgs of comments last night I tried finding that secret element(s) myself by adding the following to Dierdre58's: **first sauteed the minced garlic with the stick of butter ADDED the following: 1 teaspoon thyme 1 teaspoon Worchestire sauce 1 tablespoon of Tobasco sauce 1/2 of a lemon (added to the 3 hour simmering) 1 can (12oz) Budweiser beer (instead of white wine) I probably can't open my own chain of restaurants but the bowl I have in front of me is 98% there!! *Maybe I just need a rockabilly waitress serving me, an arm full of tattoos, and a jar of Arnold Palmer to feel the other 2% Again, bravo to Dierdre58! (now give YOUR ingredient) :)

16 users found this review helpful
Reviewed On: Jun. 15, 2010
 
ADVERTISEMENT

In Season

Back To School Already?
Back To School Already?

Hard to believe, but many kids will be back in school at the end of the month. Get ready.

Cauliflower Recipes
Cauliflower Recipes

You won't believe all the things you can do with cauliflower. It's a great low-carb option.

Subscribe Today! Only $7.99
Subscribe Today! Only $7.99

Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!

 
Argentina  |  Australia & New Zealand  |  Brazil  |  Canada  |  China  |  France  |  Germany  |  India  |  Italy  |  Japan  |  Korea  |  Mexico

Netherlands  |  Poland  |  Quebec  |  Russia  |  SE Asia  |  United Kingdom & Ireland  |  United States