1. The date:
June 15th – at high noon
2. The place:
New Albany, Ohio
3. The cast of characters (and I
do mean characters [lol]):
sassyold lady and her DH arrived first, followed in quick secession by Mike and his DW, Carrie and her DH and bellepepper and her DH.
They were welcomed with great joy by midwestchef and her hard-working DH, and of course, moi.
4. The food (the stars of the show):
spinach dip in a bread bowl, baked beans and pecan pies brought by sassy; party mix and sugar-free cherry pie from Mike (Linda made the pie); German potato salad and zucchini brownies from Carrie; and last, but first on the palate, was “Redneck
Caviar” with ‘scoops’ brought by bellepepper.
5. mwchef had fixed meat-falling-of-the-bone ribs, bbq beef, fruit salad and assorted crudité items with dips.
6. The drinks:
White wine fruit sangria, iced tea with lemonade ice cubes, and various ‘byob’ beverages.
7. The plot:
Eat, drink, talk, laugh; eat, talk, laugh; then eat, drink, talk and laugh some more.
Then walk around to make room for the scrumptious desserts.
8. It was so nice to get to meet these peeps and learn more about them and their lives.
I’m glad mwchef invited me to this shindig.
9. She got some nice loot out of the deal:
from Carrie – the cutest fold-up tote bag with AR orange kitchen utensils; a
blue, hand knitted neck scarf from Mike’s Linda; a
white Gerbera daisy from Paulette and a green rosemary plant from bellepepper.
[I thought she might share the tote and the scarf with me, but NOT!
I can’t have the plants since they wouldn’t travel well in my suit case.]
10. So, a good time was had by all –[ they are hoping that mother anne might consider having them all to a Bash in her Mexican restaurant!
Wouldn’t that be cool???] Arrivederci, ya’ll!!
midwestchef will be adding pictures when she recovers from all the festivities!