Mom's Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls
These were absolutely delicious! - A couple of notes:
* 1/2 box of cake mix = 1-1/2 cups
* If you are measuring yeast from a jar rather than using packets, you need 5 teaspoons.
* I needed to add a total of about 1-1/2 cups of flour prior to rolling out, plus more needed for kneading/rolling.
* I prefer brown sugar, so I used that. I also like a lot of cinnamon, so I used 2 teaspoons rather than 1.
* I placed these in a jelly roll pan (10" X 16"), 3 across, 6 down for a total of 18. When they baked, they were all puffy and touching so the edges didn't all get brown, which IMHO is what you want with cinnamon rolls.
This is replacing my former "go-to" cinnamon roll recipe. Easy and delicious.
13 users found this review helpful
Dec. 11, 2013