I'm a 25 year old female. My first language is French, and I also speak a little bit of Spanish. I like to watch movies of any kind. I like to watch sitcoms and comedy dramas. Old comedies are the best! I like to listen to oldies, rock and roll and Celtic music. I also like to read pretty much any books that I can get my hands on, and I adore surfing the net. I'm currently studying to become a medical secretary, while working as a technical support associate for a telecommunication company.
My favorite things to cook
I mostly like to cook desserts. I have a bit of sweet tooth, and I just enjoy seeing pastries slowly rise up in the oven, or getting that golden brown hue on top of them. I like to try new recipes that seem like they are gourmet, but are really simple to do. I like to try new recipes, period!
My favorite family cooking traditions
We have a lot of recipes that, when I mention them to my friends or acquaintances, nobody seems to know. Example of these would be:
- Reversed Pie (main ingredients: ground beef, tomato soup)
- Lengthen Sauce (m.i.: ground beef)
- Penne Pasta with different kinds of meat (m.i.: either chicken or beef, peppers of all colors, penne pasta, any kind of canned cream soup)
- Mock Sukiyaki (m.i.: sirloin steak, peppers, mushrooms)
My cooking triumphs
- My very first pie was an apple pie (which I took the recipe right here!), and it was a real success! It was my first time making a crust out of scratch.
- My first meringue lemon pie.
- Orange Beef And Broccoli.
- Creamy Penne Pasta recipes
- Pumpkin muffins
My cooking tragedies
I can't make a decent Banana Cream Pie.. I only tried once, but I messed so bad, I won't try it for at least another year! :P