My husband and I enjoyed this soup, but I made some changes to make it healthier (and easier).
1) I substituted 1 tablespoon of olive oil for the butter. I used Kangaroo Paw Mountain Pepper olive oil, so it lent a nice spiciness.
2) I used a 19 ounce jar of red peppers instead of the fresh peppers.
3) I used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
4) Instead of using heavy cream, I put in a can of drained, rinsed garbanzo beans when I added the broth.
5) I didn't strain or blend the soup. Instead, I used my immersion blender.
The final result was that the whole pot of soup only had 690 calories and 21g of fat. Yum yum!
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
My husband and I enjoyed this soup, but I made some changes to make it healthier (and...