Like others have said, if you modify this recipe you shouldn't rate it with your modifications. As written this recipe isn't all that good, yet, it's rating high.... I made modifications similar to Jessilynn who reviewed it on Oct 15 2008. Here's my recipe (with modifications made to simplify it even more).
2 pounds cubed beef stew meat or chuck roast
2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
1 cooking onion (chopped)
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup low sodium beef stock (more if needed)
1 package French onion soup mix
1 teaspoon dehydrated minced garlic
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 can sliced mushrooms (drained)
2 ounces cream cheese (reduced fat works well)
1/3 cup sour cream
Pat of butter
1. In slow cooker, combine meat, mushroom soup, chopped onion, Worcestershire, stock, dry soup mix, garlic, pepper and dill weed.
2. Cook on low setting for 5-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Add canned mushrooms in slow cooker during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
4. Add cream cheese and sour cream just before serving allowing it to warm through.
5. Check sauce for seasoning.
6. Best served over buttered egg noodles.
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
Like others have said, if you modify this recipe you shouldn't rate it with your...