What's Cooking Behind The Shades - Food Resolutions for 2010
Dec. 31, 2009 8:31 am
Updated: Jan. 4, 2011 5:45 am
I have always taken a Treasure of the Sierra Madre style stance with regard to New Year's Resolutions. You know the line, "Resolutions ? We don't need no stinkin' resolutions !". Of course somehow or another I always make the same ones - work out, lose weight, apply to Survivor, start my novel, grow taller & more handsome - pretty much all the standards that are doomed to failure almost as soon as the clock strikes midnight and the ball drops in Times Square. So this year I thought I would do something a little different and make resolutions that have to do with food. They will probably fail too but what the heck, I might as well give it a try.
2010 New Year's Food Resolutions
1. I resolve to actually give Sushi a chance. i know I have always said that there isn't anything wrong with sushi that a fire can't fix but can millions upon millions of people be wrong about it ? I guess I will find have to find out. (yeah right - stick a hook in it and catch me a bigger fish !!!)
2. I resolve to branch out in the kitchen and quit being lazy and falling back on all of my comfortable flavor combos & tricks. It's time to try something different in my sauces & stir frys & soups. I have a bottle of Tums on my desk. Take a chance.
3. I resolve to send in an audition tape for a Food Network program like Next Food Network Star or that recipe showdown that overexposed Guy Fieri hosts. (as an aside, I can't help but think that this guy is going keel over at one of those diners, drive-ins & dives he visits he is so bloated & red - and wouldn't you love to see him try and compete on Iron Chef ?) I know I can do it but the confidence in myself just always seems to keep me from hitting the record button.
4. I resolve to take & beat a Man vs Food Challenge that Adam Richman couldn't do. I went to the Pizza Slice as big as your head place last year and I could see why he didn't win that challenge. That pizza was terrible. It was big alright but it was terrible.
5. And I resolve to get another recipe published on this site - preferably my Alligator Chili (see my recipe box for the shared personal recipe) which you will hear more about in the days leading up to the SuperDuperBowl this February coming to you live from Landshark Stadium in Miami. (could the SuperDuperBowl menu have some latin or cuban influences this year ?)
Those those are my Food Resolutions for 2010. If I keep even one of them I will be ahead of the game. So what are your Food Resolutions for 2010 ? Why not share them so we can try to accomplish some of these things together ?
And that is What's Cooking Behind The Shades.....Happy Food Year !!!!