If only there was something delicious here to stare longingly at...
Make sure your Cook's Profile is loaded with gaze-worthy photos.
Start uploading photos now!
I am a registered dietitian and completed my PhD in Human Nutrition in 2009 - love my job working at a major, non-profit food bank.
Green Tomato Mincemeat
Very tasty and a good way to use green tomatoes. Here are my variations:
1) Scaled to 9 servings seems to make a good 10" pie
2) Omitted beef suet; don't particularly care for the flavor it adds.
3) Used candied orange peel instead of citrus peel
4) Added ~1 to 2 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca to thicken pie
5) Tastes better if made the day prior to consumption.
3 users found this review helpful
Nov. 27, 2011