Mom's Tomato Soup and Bacon
Apr. 27, 2012 3:14 pm
Updated: Jul. 20, 2013 7:27 am
Okay - so I've never done a blog before - please be patient with me.
My mom was a great cook and I wanted to share some of her wonderful recipes with anyone who is interested. She's been gone for 20 years now and I still miss her.
I will periodically add recipes to the blog, try to tell you where they originated from (or at least what I know about how they came to be).
The first recipe is a recipe she was taught in her Home Ec class in the 1930's - it's quick and delicious.
- 4 cans
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- grated pecorino romano cheese
- Dice up bacon and brown in a sauce pan.
- Drain bacon fat off.
- Add tomoato soup (also add water as per soup directions)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring to boil and then simmer on low.
- Bring salted water to boil and cook elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add a few ladels of the Tomato soup/bacon mixture.
- To serve - Add some pasta to bowl, add additional soup and sprinkle with grated cheese.
If anyone tries it - please let me know what you think.