Good flavor, but the cooking directions take way longer than necessary. I can make this in 25 minutes tops.
1. start rice in rice cooker or on stove - this step takes longest. (Also, reduce rice by half for a more meat rich dish.)
2. add peppers to boiling, lightly salted water for 15 minutes.
3. While they are cooking put sausage and onion in large skillet. Brown the sausage first. Then add diced tomatoes, cheese and spices. (I used mega hot chili powder, but I love super spicy things. Adjust spices to taste. Use italian sausage and spices if you like flavor, but not heat.)
4. Remove peppers from water and set aside - they won't cool too much. Add cooked rice to the sausage mix and stir.
5. Stuff the peppers. Put cheese on top and put under broiler for 3 minutes to toast it. Done - takes 25 minutes max.
Was this review helpful?
3 users found this review helpful
Good flavor, but the cooking directions take way longer than necessary. I can make this in 25...