I have noticed that a lot of people complain about the effort these waffles take. Honestly, if you have an egg white separator and a Kitchen Aid mixer, these waffles take 15 minutes to make, 20 tops! Here's the steps to make this move quickly:
1. Pour 3 cups of milk in a liquid measuring cup; place in microwave and heat for 1-2 minutes. Test temperature; if not hot enough, heat in 30 second increments until you reach the correct temperature.
2. While milk is heating, separate eggs with egg white separator; pour egg yolks into Kitchen Aid mixing bowl. Place butter in bowl to melt.
3. Take milk out of microwave; place butter in microwave and heat for 30-60 seconds. Add 1/4 cup milk to yeast per recipe.
4. While yeast is soaking, mix in sugar, salt, vanilla, 1/4 cup milk, and butter in mixing bowl. Scoop flour into 1 cup scoop (if you have more than one use them!; sit to the side. Mix in yeast mixture once it is bubbled up.
5. Add in 4 cups flour and remaining milk, alternating per the recipe. This will go quickly especially if you have more than one dry measure cup; I have 3 and have 3 cups of flour ready to be poured at this step.
6. Pour batter into a large bowl, PREFERABLY one that has a lid. Then clean mixing bowl, pour egg whites inside and whip until they have soft peaks. This will take only about 30-60 seconds with a Kitchen Aid.
7. Fold egg whites into batter, cover bowl with lid and let it rise!
I get these waffles done in 20 minutes INCLUDING CLEANUP!!
Was this review helpful?
5 users found this review helpful
I have noticed that a lot of people complain about the effort these waffles take. Honestly, if...