This was good. If you want to make it better, healthier and quicker, here's what you do:
1.Make it a one-pot-dish and buy an already made chicken, preferably a rotisserie. Sautee the ingredients that need to be sauteed first, add other ingredients, and add the chicken and spices last.
2. Omit the whole tomatoes. They just don't make sense.
3. If you like it spicy, which this dish is NOT really originally add chayenne pepper to taste. 1 tsp should be perfect.
4. Add cumin seed ground- 1 tablespoon for some extra flavor.
5. Substitute the sour cream for some fat free sour cream, or to make it really healthy plain fat free yogurt- but you risk changing the taste with yogurt. Go for the fat free sour cream if you don't want to chance it-and add it LAST. Reserve some for the top along with shredded cheese.
6.Don't let it taste like enchilada filling-thats just not a good taste for a soup to have. CHUNK the chicken, don't shred it.
8. Add black beans instead of chili beans-they are so much healthier- and rinse thouroughly. Everyone knows the starches on the beans just don't taste good. To make it more of a 'chili' add kidney, black AND white beans. 3 cans won't be too much especially if you spiced it up with chayenne pepper.
9. To spice it up even more get the diced tomatoes WITH jalapenos or green peppers. Jalapenos are good for the metabolism but bad for the weak-stomached or heartburn prone.
10. Go with the crusty bread- or even better, put it in a sourdough bread boule.
Was this review helpful?
5 users found this review helpful
This was good. If you want to make it better, healthier and quicker, here's what you...