Amazing! Many have told me they are the "best pancakes on the planet"..lol. However, I do add my own touch of love to the batter. One batch is never enough, most of the time I triple the recipe to feed 2 teen athletes and 2-3 adults. Take note of the following insta-amazing additions:
1) Sometimes I separate the yolk and whites; beat the whites pretty well and fold them into the batter for an extra fluffy pancake. I also beat the yolks and add them to the wet ingredients.
2) Add a dash of pre-ground ginger to the dry ingredients and grate about 1/2 tsp peeled freshly grated ginger into the wet.
3)One capful of very good quality vanilla extract (Haitian essence)
4) A dash of lemon zest works wonders!
5) A few dashes of cinnamon powder to the dry ingredients.
6) A dash of pre-ground nutmeg to the dry.
The sky is truly the limit with these pancakes. You can add quality chocolate chips, fresh blueberries, bananas, ground golden flax seed or walnuts after the pancake is made or while its cooking on the hot pan.
I use REAL maple syrup by Kirkland at Costco (great deal and amazing taste). Letting the batter sit for at least 10-15 minutes is key as many others have mentioned that it makes for a fluffier batter and thus pancake. I also use aluminum-free baking powder (Rumford), organic unbleached all purpose flour (whole foods brand), organic Kirkland eggs and organic sugar but that is all due to personal preference and is very much optional.
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
Amazing! Many have told me they are the "best pancakes on the planet"..lol. However, I do add...