My favorite things to cook
* Pasta...there are endless combinations.
* Fish and seafood. I could live on the stuff.
* Anything that is usually boring that I can successfully turn into something surprising.
My favorite family cooking traditions
My mom making home-made banana nut bread, pound cakes and gingerbread for me! I stink at baking and she's the best. My friends still talk about the high school slumber party at my house during a snowstorm and the peanut butter blossom cookies she made us.
Another family tradition was walking in the back door Sunday afternoon after church and smelling the roast, potatoes and carrots that Mom made.
The last, and perhaps my favorite, is my Dad doing the dishes on Sunday afternoons while Mom and I got to sneak off and take naps. :)
My cooking triumphs
My most complimented (and requested) meals:
* Spaghetti and meatballs
* Shepherd's pie
* Corned beef
* Creamy white chicken chili
* Cheddar chile cornbread
* Grilled salmon w/ tropical salsa
* Pineapple-glazed halibut
* Key Lime pie
* It's boring, but my husband loves my salads -- I put everything but the kitchen sink in there.
My cooking tragedies
Buttnernut squash soup -- I followed the recipe, but it was horrible...no taste at all and a huge waste b/c I kept adding stuff to try and make it better. The only redeeming thing was that I was sad so my hubby took me out to dinner!